I’m starting to emerge from a state of shock to a state of realization that this crisis just may serve as the best opportunity we will ever have to study of how government works (and doesn’t work).
To that end, I’m thinking about the AP exam and thought of creating a simple, yet comprehensive, ongoing e-learning assignment which calls on students to connect all of the areas of government with the crisis.
I’ve used questions directly from the AP College Board as the prompts. Clearly, not all of the questions fit perfectly but enough do to make this a worthwhile activity.
- Students copy assignment onto their own Google doc
- After competing assignment, students submit the link to their Google doc to teacher
- Teacher checks for inaccuracies and provides feedback for revision
- Teacher compiles a class list of student Google doc links
- Students study class responses