Summer: the perfect time to slow down and cultivate the skill of asking questions.
Here are some professional development resources and opportunities which can take your skill to the next level.
1. An online course: Socrates and the Battle for the Soul of America
America is deeply divided on so many levels. Now more than ever we need big questions to explore these divisions and encourage our students to take action to improve society.
Play the role of Socrates and…
- Design four Big Questions
- Apply disciplinary tools to analyze those questions;
- Evaluate and select sources relevant to the questions;
- Craft four lessons to engage students in open dialogue to understand and take informed action when differences may arise.
- Reflect upon the value of teacher/student questions and the challenges and possibilities of students taking informed action to improve society. Learn More